Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Adam!




Adam turned 9 on February 17th. He had a lot of fun and got lots of great toys that have kept him very busy. Some of the highlights from his loot this year are Baukugan toys (I guess they are all the rage with boys his age) a King Arthur Viking ship and a huge Bionicle set. Adam is so good at putting things together. He will sit still for hours reading instruction sets on how to create the masterpieces. I am so impressed with his patience! Hmmm....I wonder where he got that skill from. :) Mark sits and smiles as he watches him work on those- too proud of him to speak. (I had to throw in a little Shel Silverstein reference in there.) If I ever tell him to take a little break, he tells me "No mommy, I'm not giving up!" I admire his determination, but it's off to bed at some point. Another great gift was a book from Melissa- The Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He has been loving it! Any time I can get Adam interested in a book or something other than a video game is good news! It's a really funny book and he's looking forward to finishing it so he can start on the other ones in the series. Thanks to everyone for helping to make Adam's bday such a great one!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Let me know when's he's done with the books. I'll be happy to get the next couple in the series.

Tina said...

Adam is 9?!?!?! Oh my goodness! Happy Birthday to him! looks like a fun day!

The Garber Family said...

What a good kid!

Janessa said...

Holy smokes. I can't believe he's 9! I don't know where I've been the last 4 years, but I was still assuming he was in the 5-6 year old phase. My My time passes quickly.

The Arents Family

The Arents Family