Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Santa and the Candidates


Okay, I have to post this- Today while Mark and I were watching the presidential debate (same old stuff said, different day) Adam announced that he was voting for Barack Obama. Honestly, I am not pushing my political views on my children, he decided this at school from a weekly reader. Here was the conversation that followed:

Adam: "I'm voting for Barack Obama not the other guy."
Mel: "Why did you decide to vote for him?"
Adam: "Because he looks nice."
Mel: "That's a nice reason, but you should vote for someone with the same beliefs as you have to help you decide."
Adam: "Like believing in Santa Claus?" (Imagine this being said with a huge grin)
Mel-trying not to laugh: "Yes, like believing in Santa Claus. Obama believes in Santa Claus."
Adam: "Then I'm voting for him!"

It was too funny not to share.

5 comments:

The Garber Family said...

I, too, wish I could vote for Santa Claus. It's a tough year for voting for me. Maybe I'll write him in.

Melissa said...

Ho, Ho, Ho....

Melissa said...

In the Scholastic News issue for 2nd graders they interviewed the candidates. John McCain's favorite food was tacos. Obama's favorite food -- chilli. At this point in our 2nd grade poll McCain took an early lead. However, his lead was erased when it was revealed his favorite children's book was King Arthur. Obama's favorite book -- Harry Potter. Let's just say Obama won hands down.

Tina said...

That is too cute! I would vote for Santa also. Just think Christmas all year! Wait.. then we would take it for granted wouldn't we. I wonder what he would do for his talent portion though.

Janessa said...

I love that you shared this story! That is too funny. Maybe we should write in Santa Clause. I'm sure he could "fix" all of our nations issues.

The Arents Family

The Arents Family