Sunday, July 27, 2008

tag- you're it

Melissa just tagged me so I guess I'm it. Here it goes. Post these rules on your blog. Answer these 15 questions about yourself on your blog. Tag five people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Here it is:

JOYS:
1- My family
2- losing weight- even .2 is a loss!!
3- My husband who can work miracles in our home. Honey, are you ready to re-do a bathroom yet? :)

FEARS:
1- Something happening to my kids.
2- Snakes, Bears, Sharks
3- Tornados and Earthquakes and Volcanos. Okay, so basically any major disaster.

GOALS:
1- Finally get to my goal weight.
2- Try to be better about exercise.
3- Get more organized. Things are stacking up lately around the house.

OBSESSIONS/COLLECTIONS:
1-Reading - usually anything will do, but I love mystery fiction types.
2- TV - I love Last Comic Standing and can't wait for the new season of House and Heros to start up again. Oh, and WipeOut is seriously the funniest thing out there right now.
3- The Olympics. I'll say it right now, I'm sure I will be glued to the TV watching whatever sport they are doing that day. And I cry everytime they come out for the opening and closing ceremonies. And when they are on the stand listening to their national anthem...basically, I'm a wreck for a few weeks. I have so much pride for people who have so much talent, determination and coordination. I can barely walk up the stairs without tripping. haha

RANDOM SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT ME:
1- I am a closet Country Music lover. Okay, not that obssessed, but ever since Ashley has decided to go to the dark side (music-wise) I've found that there are some really good ones out there. Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw... I'll end the list there.
2-I can carry on a conversation with movie quotes. It won't win me the nobel peace prize, but it does help with conversations with Tina and Melissa. :)
3- Like Melissa, I had to take the BYU Correspondence in P.E. and also English. I learned about the Ultimate Bowling from Melissa and also went to the seedy Midvale alley to try to pick up a few spares. Not so good, but I finished it. Bowling is like golf where you want the lowest number, right? I had to go down to BYU to take my English test and while I was slaving away trying to remember i before e except after c, my dad was taking Tina to the BYU creamery for a shake. What did I get? A passing grade, but I would have preffered the creamy goodness of a shake.

Tag: You, you, you, you and you. Basically anyone who hasn't done one already. :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Country music fan? Melanie, you have gone to the dark side. Okay, Okay, I can admit there are a few good songs out there. Basically, the ones that don't sound like country.

Tina said...

And I'm proud to be an American.. where at least I know I'm free. I am the same with the Olympics. Just call me Tissue Tina... oh wait I already am. Stupid leaky eyes!

The Garber Family said...

Cue Olympic Theme Music. I won't get any sleep for weeks... LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

The Arents Family

The Arents Family